View Single Post
Old September 29, 2007   #12
Zana
Tomatovillian™

Well we're less than a week away from the official Keg Tapping Opening Ceremonies of Kitchener Waterloo's Oktoberfest. Opening Ceremonies are on Friday October 5th. It looks like allot of those TV-er's who initially said they were coming have bailed due to family issues....visiting family or sick family. If anybody is still interested in coming and wants some tickets let me know. But come Wednesday, don't expect quick answers, since I'll be at the Festhalle either setting up or working it....for 12 to 18 hours a day until the 14th. LOL

It was suggested that we start planning for next year's gathering of TV-er's at Oktoberfest. Mischka, you want to reserve your weekend in advance this time?...LOL. Tomatoaddict, I know you're bummed that you won't be there this year, so I'm expecting you here next year for sure. Think that there were a few others. Feldon, if you read this....you can stock up on Montreal Smoked Meat if you come. Found somebody that will vacuum seal it for you so you can get it home....;-) . Terry and I discussed having an Oktoberfest Seed Swap, which seems appropriate for the whole theme of Oktoberfest. Oktoberfest has its origins in an elaborate Bavarian wedding of some local noble....and it was planned to coincide with the harvest. Since Southern Ontario usually wraps up most of their harvesting by mid October, a seed swap may work for even those of us who live up here. Let me know if you're interested. I'll post more about it next year. I'm sure Terry will be up to her eyeballs helping organising it and "festing". ;-)
Zana is offline   Reply With Quote