Thread: Seed mix-up?
View Single Post
Old March 4, 2020   #8
b54red
Tomatovillian™

I agree with Nan but if you have the space definitely try at least one of the potato leaf plants. If it is actually KBX I found it far more productive in the heat down here than I did Kellog's Breakfast. Of course I'm one who likes surprises but usually they disappoint. However sometimes you get a real gem that will produce a plant that will remain true and will be a real welcome addition to your tomato garden. I had the same thing happen with Indian Stripe years ago and got the pl version so I saved a bunch of seed and sent most of them to Carolyn and she had them grown out and they remained true. It has been my favorite black tomato since I first grew it to see what would happen. I still grow a regular leaf tomato that came up in my plantings of Kentucky Wonder a few years ago because it made a very similar tomato but with a plant that was more vigorous and far more productive. I just hope it remains true like ISPL did. Most of my experiments like that are flops but I still like to try. I am pretty sure that most of the tomato varieties that have a regular leaf and potato leaf version were found by someone just growing one out to see what would happen.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote