View Single Post
Old September 4, 2020   #9
LK2016
Tomatovillian™

[QUOTE=JRinPA;759531]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardenboy View Post
I have fresh Red Marconi seeds if anyone is looking for some. Send me SASE for the seeds. [/QUOTE

What size peppers do you estimate these seeds produce?

I had never heard of red marconi until this last year or two, but a few years back I grew out seeds obtained from a farm stand pepper my brother brought down one summer day. It was orange and 8-9" long, maybe 3" diameter at the top, and basically three sided. I thought it would be a hot pepper, but it was a sweet pepper. Back then I knew marginally less about peppers then than I do now. I had bagged the seed as "farm stand pablano"! But since I read about giant marconi, that's what I've been thinking it was.

Does that sound like a Marconi?

The seeds grew out roughly the same, probably only 2" diameter and 7" long and turned red rather quickly, but I don't know if I saved from any of them.
That does sound like a giant marconi. I grow Marconi Red, and they get to the size you refer to at the end, maybe 7" long and a couple inches diameter. They are really scrumptious!

I save seeds, but I don't bag blossoms and I grow a bunch of different peppers close together in containers - so there is more "variation" sometimes. The peppers can be smaller, or blockier.

This year, my Marconi Reds are ripening orange. Must be from proximity to my Orange Corno's (those usually get huge) or some orange bell types. Here are a couple pics (the skinnier long peppers to the right are Jimmy Nardellos).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3988.jpg (147.0 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3976.jpg (142.2 KB, 76 views)
LK2016 is offline   Reply With Quote