View Single Post
Old January 4, 2021   #269
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

As we all know, one variety of RL and the other PL cannot be used in the production of F1 seeds, because the offspring would be diverse (J.G Mendel, abbot in the Brno monastery). When J. Homolka made a cross (Mikado x Rheinland Rhums x Solanum racimegrum) he got the offspring of both RL and PL. Both stabilized and the Stupice and Stupická Greenhouses (PL) and RL Ostravské rané arose. In the 1950s, these were commercial varieties sold in Czechoslovakia. To this day, only those with PL have remained copolymer, Ostravské rané has not been sold for a long time, but is used by Moravoseed and SEMO for the production of Start F1. in my description I used this Stupice RL as such an abbreviation to make it clear what this tomato pedigree has. Sometimes I came across the sale of seeds of Ostravská rané, but I always got PL plants from it, ie Stupice. I asked about it here at Tomatoville and was told that I would find it difficult to find a plant grown from these seeds that would be RL (I think Bower wrote it). So I quit those attempts.
Vladimír
PS.: Yesterday I ordered and paid for 10 g of Start F1 seeds from Moravoseed. It should be about 3000 seeds, which I divide into some bags of ten seeds (300 bags). I will transfer the bags to the USA and Canada. Mike from Iowa and MissS, which you know for sure, offered me from the USA. For Canada, I'm counting on RJGlew (I haven't had time to write to him yet) and maybe someone else, depending on how many people there will be. They will send the way Tormato uses MMMM. I will send out in Europe myself, the MMMM method cannot be used. Of course, I will forward all your requests to Mike and ...............

Last edited by MrBig46; January 4, 2021 at 04:39 AM.
MrBig46 is offline   Reply With Quote