View Single Post
Old February 4, 2021   #12
Milan HP
Tomatovillian™

I had the same problem with my seedlings grown under two 6500°K common LED bulbs (2450lm each) and a luminescent tube (1350lm), so the light was dispersed. Up to app 45 days from sowing they were okay (Nov 1 - Dec 15). Then the edema started to appear, but only in one variety out of six - Tomato Berry F1. There were 2 other hybrids and 3 OPs there too and those never displayed any symptoms like that. I was afraid that it was something infectious, so I quarantined them immediately. I transplanted them into larger pots with less fertilized mix and later I removed the leaves that went blackish. The plants now have flowers and small fruits. They were set back maybe 2 weeks, but they look okay now even though not very photogenic. The temps have been 68 - 70°F by day and 58 - 60°F at night. And I haven't changed them. The same with the lights. As to humidity I have no idea, but I sleep in that room, so it definitely hasn't been excessive. My conclusion is that I simply over-fertilized them and that the hybrid variety is more sensitive to it. The symptoms looked very similar - this is the early stage.

Milan HP

Ooops, I did make a change to the lights: I replaced one of the white bulbs with a red and blue LED grow bulb, 54W. The white bulbs are only 20W each.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20201224_005.jpg (50.7 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20201224_003.jpg (69.6 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20201224_001.jpg (51.8 KB, 78 views)

Last edited by Milan HP; February 5, 2021 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Bad memory
Milan HP is offline   Reply With Quote