View Single Post
Old March 10, 2021   #26
aclum
Tomatovillian™

Scooty,

Thanks for the advice, but I think I'm getting somewhat old and don't feel like I have the luxury to "pace myself." I want to try all the good ones NOW

After doing Kratky lettuce and pac choi indoors last year and having lots of flying insect problems, I'm not too anxious to try plants indoors again anytime soon. BUT I am interested in the possibility of growing the dwarfs in containers with soil mix (as opposed to Kratky with hydroponic solution). Any tips in that department would be welcome - I've never done it before.

I do have plenty of room in my garden for the plants, but we can only consume so many tomatoes (I'm an optimist ) and I want to save room for other things. But I do have a couple dozen dwarfs to give away and need to get them from Kratky to soil before too long. Rather than transition to solo cups, etc., it would be cool to have them ready to go in fabric bags.....

Oakley,

I was looking through old posts today and saw one from you (I think) saying that you grew dwarfs in 2 gallon fabric bags on the patio. Is this correct? What media did you use in your containers?

Thanks for any info.

Anne

Last edited by aclum; March 10, 2021 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Corrected typos
aclum is offline   Reply With Quote