View Single Post
Old June 26, 2021   #7
paradajky
Tomatovillian™

Hi Milan:

There's a mixture: some tomatoes plants are wilting, some are growing but yellowing, and others simply look anemic. The soil analysis I had done showed sufficient nutrients in everything but N, and the analyst recommended mixing in blood and feather meals for their short and long term properties in the soil. Happy to post up the analysis if anyone would like. I have applied liquid fertilizer higher in P and K a couple times, spaced out 2 weeks, with no visible improvement.

Couple pictures attached, it's very hard to focus and really see what they look like (I also tried a video but it didn't really work out). The Black Cherry is completely wilted to the top, and the Super San Marzano looks okay on the top 1/2 but yellowing and dying on the bottom half. The SSM is supposed to be pretty disease resistant. Not pictured, we have a Kellogg's Breakfast, Big Beef, and Early Girl which look like a mixture of the two, wilting and yellowing. At this point, we're writing them off, will hopefully get a few tomatoes from the patch. We will also give it a rest in this section for a year (maybe grow cover crop and amend the soil better, or, build atop a raised bed), and revisit in a couple years, hopefully with better results!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg super san marzano.jpg (155.3 KB, 236 views)
File Type: jpg black cherry wilting.jpg (183.5 KB, 234 views)
paradajky is offline   Reply With Quote