View Single Post
Old October 15, 2007   #34
shelleybean
Tomatovillian™

Sorry I'm so late to answer. I just came back to this thread. My regular garden area is small, about 160 square feet. And then I plant all around my pool and patio too. I used to have a much bigger garden before we put the pool in and most of that was dedicated to tomatoes, but I've always liked growing a lot of different things.

I'm lucky I don't have rabbits in my yard, though there are a lot in the neighborhood. There used to be a cinder block wall around my back yard and it sat on a concrete strip that is about two feet wide. Hurricane Dennis blew the block wall down so now we have a much nicer looking wooden fence, but that concrete is still there so my beagles were never successful at digging their way out and no animals were able to dig under to get in either. I did have a possum in my laundry room once but that's another story...

I'm about to put out my second round of baby cabbages. Everything else is doing pretty well except the chard. It's just kind of sitting there and I got spotty germination. The cabbage I put out last month looks great. The only thing left to plant is the shallots. I'm still getting a lot of peppers and butter beans from my summer garden.