View Single Post
Old March 7, 2022   #5
MrsJustice
Tomatovillian™

DK2021
I forgot to tell you that Caucasian Spinach is also called "Hablitzia tamnoides".

Here is the Definition; It is named after a German-born Russian botanist, Carl Ludwig von Hablitz (1752–1821). Also known as Karl Ivanovich Gablits. Although it doesn't seem to be well known as an edible in its native region, it was introduced to Scandinavia in the mid-nineteenth century and began to be eaten by a few people.

I Checked again. I have 3 different kinds of Ivy Vines growing on my Historical Farmland of Shepard Mallory. The only one that was edible was the Caucasian Spinach. It’s been around since the 1700’s. Maybe from England as it was mostly Mainly eaten in England. I guess you are finding out like me as I try to "Save the Food History of Contraband Slaves" who were proudly conservative like me that many Historical Vegetables were called different Names by a small new population of citizens of the United States. Pulling together their Resources from all walks of life brings forth the needed skills for survival by growing the Caucasian Spinach here on my historical Properties around 1861-1963 on their houses. Grown here on our Homes Constructed by their own hands that brought forth Beauty and a secret Food Source. I am so proud to be taken Care of this Last Home of this Historical Community that was dismantled after the Civil War and forgotten. Saving the food history is vital to all in the United States to learn about this forgotten Conservative Proud Black Community from 1861. As Conservative people from all walks of Life should be Covered under the United States Constitution to protect God and Country, Amen!!

"Hablitzia tamnoides"/ Caucasian Spinach means the small eatable Plant, Amen!!.
MrsJustice is offline   Reply With Quote