View Single Post
Old May 15, 2022   #7
b54red
Tomatovillian™

It doesn't have to be from your soil it could be from a neighbor having their yard or pasture treated. With the wind we have been experiencing it wouldn't necessarily be real near either. If your tomatoes have been in the soil for a while then it is probably herbicide drift. I have had wind born 2-4-D damage several times over the decades and it is best to pull the plants and start over. If it is in your soil you will need to get rid of it as it takes years to breakdown but if you replant tomatoes and it doesn't reappear then it is not likely from the soil you are using. If it reoccurs after replanting tomatoes or beans then I would use that soil for filling low spots in your lawn and refill your beds with pine bark fines, peat, and potting soil.

I feel for you because the first time it happened to me my plants were already five feet tall and loaded with fruit and I didn't have time to start over. The second time it happened it hit my new plants that were hardening off on a table in the yard so I had time to start over.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote