View Single Post
Old July 20, 2022   #15
Saskatchetoon
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitridge View Post
At first I followed some university videos where they said to put the grafted plants in complete darkness for 24 hrs after grafting, that was the worst thing I could ever do,I found it extremely difficult to get them acclimated back to light so now I put the healing chamber with 2 layers of shade cloth under my grow lights 24/7 and at about day 2 I take one layer off and then day 3 the last layer comes off, the first darkness they see is at night after I plant them out.
I also use DE at the time of grafting, but the initial seeding is in soiless mix, I also trim roots on the rootstock at time of grafting as well as some of the canopy leaves so as to keep it in a balanced condition so it won't tend to lean one way or the other if it droops a bit after grafting.

I remember you mentioning the light/dark last season. I had one some blacked out and one just dimmed and the blacked out one took longer. I just used clear domes with a dish towel on top this year, and removed the cloth after a day or two.
Saskatchetoon is offline   Reply With Quote