View Single Post
Old February 25, 2023   #36
DK2021
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBig46 View Post
The time has come when I have to start limiting the number of tomato plants (for health reasons). This year I will try to manage about 24 bushy and 64 tall plants. I assume that next year I will have to reduce the numbers even more, I hope that it will not be necessary to go below 32 indeterminate. I already have the determinate seedlings outside the window, and I will sow the indeterminate ones sometime next week. Of the varieties I will grow this year:
Early determinante:
Nizhegorodskiy Kudyablik, Severok, Vspyschka, Sophie´s Choice, Beaverlodge Slicer, Lyana, Lyana Rozovaya, Sanka, Kermerovets, Zolotse, Forest Fire, Bezrassadnyi, EM Champion, Betalux, Siletz, Sarayev Gruntovyi, Sarayev M22.
Indeterminante:
Tundra, Midnight Sun, Brad´s Black Heart, Kukla´s Portuguese Heart, Fresa, Alice, Russian Orange 117, Joe´s Pink Oxheart, Reinhard´s Chocolate Heart, Herman´s Yellow, Zamorano, Salobre, Rosao de Ayerbe, Gigante Castilla, Rosado Zapaton, Rosa Melilerd, Roteňo Andalu-cia, Gordo de Patones, Opalka, Gilbertie, Cherokee Jumbo, Mountaineer Pride, Mikado, Start F1, Bejbino F1, Mandat F1, Odat F1, Philovita F1, Aprikola F1, Green Bee F1, Datlo, Ra-mallet Pequenito Mallorquin, Ramallet Iboza Bianca, Piennolo del Vesuvio, Goldkrone, Zlata-va, Creamsicle Grape, Blumko.
Vladimír

Many of these are unfamiliar to me. I believe the "Ramallet" tomatoes are Spanish long-keeping or storage types? Can anyone comment on their texture/flavour after storage? I imagine they are thick-skinned, maybe better for cooking than fresh eating?
DK2021 is offline   Reply With Quote