View Single Post
Old March 23, 2023   #8
Andrey_BY
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by hl2601 View Post
Andrey, thank you for all those pictures. Fabulous!
I especially love the photo of Mr Bendrik. As you know, I ran a Ukraine Tribute grow out last year so I am partial to Ukraine varieties. A friend from Ukraine actually just sent me these exact seeds! Here are my descriptions:
Slivka Bendrika Krasnaja- Ukraine 50-80 g 2 m tall pink- Bendrik’s red plum in Russian, mid tall thick stem RL almost rugose cross of De Barao Yellow and unknown USA red tomato. Plant appears like a waterfall
Slivka Bendrika Zholtaja ez tomate- Yellow sister to the above

Can you tell me if these tomatoes are long keepers? Is there any other info I should add?
Thank you!
Heide
Heide,you've got a good information about these 2 varieties with red (not a pink!) and yellow fruit.
I can add only that these are very desease and draught tolerant varieties. Mr. Bendrik use watering only serveral time after translant in open ground and then let seedlings grow strong deep roots to find extra watering.
These Slivkas are with thick walls and good keepers indeed.
They are very prolific since both parents lines (female red variey from US and male De Barao Yellow are very prolific). One truss hold up to 20-25 fruit (1.5-2 kg).
Really waiting for testing these varieties this year

Andrey a.k.a. TOMATODOR

Last edited by Andrey_BY; March 23, 2023 at 11:09 AM.
Andrey_BY is offline   Reply With Quote