View Single Post
Old May 24, 2023   #22
b54red
Tomatovillian™

I got my assorted 4 gallons of Urban Farms fertilizer two weeks ago and it was a bit more expensive but still nothing else I have tried is even close when it comes to growing tomatoes. I used a good bit of MG during the very early spring until my TTF could get here and it worked fine for my broccoli, lettuce, spinach, peas, and early bell peppers.
I have just started side dressing my plants with TTF and will know soon how well it is working as the temps are getting much hotter now.

I am adding extra magnesium sulfate every time I feed my bell peppers as I have done the last few years and it has resulted in far more and larger fruits and plants. My soil sample says I don't need it but so far I haven't seen any negative results from the Epsom salt used on the peppers.

With the prices in the stores continuing to rise I see no other option than to spend the added money on fertilizer because without it why garden. I am spoiled from my fresh produce straight from the garden and just can't get excited about paying the outrageous prices for most things that I can grow myself at much lower costs. Even if I didn't save a dime I would still grow my own because the quality is so much better and the taste is in another league entirely.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote