Thread: HOT!!!
View Single Post
Old July 3, 2023   #4
Dark Rumor
Tomatovillian™

Default Heat is on in Texas

I have the same hot weather and started to water alot more this week. My first two groups are almost finished with a few small tomatoes growing at the top of the vines.

My group three is producing and looking great. Group three has decent amount of tomatoes and if I can keep the bugs at bay I should have enough to harvest for a couple more weeks.

Group four is growing well, some have blossoms but I am not sure if they will be able to set any fruit over the next month or two. Group four has two different black brandywines, Danial Burson, Prudens and Indian stripe PL.

I will start group five this week by direct sow, never tried direct sow in July.

The taste of my tomatoes has gotten a little greener/acid taste, not sure if it is a lack of watering or the heat. Earlier this year they were all mighty sweet and mighty good. They are still good, just not as sweet. Lately I have enjoyed the almost ripe pinks with a bit of tang. Sometimes when you grow alot of tomatoes and you have some many getting ripe everyday, you forget to eat one that is not fully ripe.

Thinking I might get a little jug of TTF to help the latter groups,
Dark Rumor is offline   Reply With Quote