View Single Post
Old October 24, 2023   #76
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

Hi Jano,
am also going to grow tomatoes from the Vesuvius region next year. I grew them already in the period 2014 to 2016, I also tried to preserve them both tied in Pienollo and twigs with fruits hanging on a string. As you write, after some time some of my tomatoes started to spoil, so I consumed the good ones. Then I got seeds of different Ramallet from Mallorca and I still grow some of those varieties to this day. The problem, as Fusion Power writes, is how to get the soil to have the necessary minerals and not be too wet. If you are interested, we would cooperate and exchange experiences. This year I experimented with a higher conductivity dressing (tomatoes absorbed less water) and it seemed to me that the tomatoes were sweeter and tastier. I think this could be the path to success. Of course I have enough seeds of different Ramallet, I also have older seeds of Principe Borghese, Pienollo del Vesuvio and its hybrids from Fusion Power. After ten years I managed to find the seeds of Re Umberto, a variety from sometime in 1877.
Vladimír
MrBig46 is offline   Reply With Quote