View Single Post
Old January 27, 2024   #2
VirginiaClay
Tomatovillian™

I don't know anything about Italian Stallion or Romeo, so can't help you there. Hope you come back later this season and share your results!

I like Cuore Antico di Acqui Termi and Cornue des Andes (Andes Horn) because they're great for cooking but also good for fresh eating -- juicy and flavorful. The fruits of Cuore Antico di etc. can be huge. Both are very good producers, though Cuore Antico was fairly late in my garden. Both were large, vigorous plants that need some room.

I grew Amish Paste for the first time this year and was surprised at how much I liked it, but I expect you've tried that one already. Very good to excellent flavor, very meaty, large fruits, productive. It had a little trouble with disease late in the season -- same foliage diseases as all the plants, but it seemed to suffer more. Might have been a root-knot nematode issue contributing to that, though.

Mediterranean (from Victory Seeds) was delicious, a big, meaty heart, but only a moderate producer. Some day I'll try it again in a better spot.

I may try Belmonte this year. There seem to be various tomatoes under this name; the seeds I have are from Emanuele Larosa Seeds.
VirginiaClay is offline   Reply With Quote