View Single Post
Old March 21, 2006   #5
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Carolyn,

Yes, I meant P. infestans for late - are you saying that when a label says 'for early and late blights' it might not necessarily refer to P. infestans? Ouch. So using any copper spray is not going to help??

Last summer I've lost all my late tomatoes to late blight (P. infestans) in mid-late August, and I didn't want this repeated this season! That was a lot of tomatoes to dispose of... the thing spreads in a couple of days and kills everything... (although last summer was cold and very wet, and that definitely helped the disease... Hopefully this summer will be better...)

Anyway, back to fungicides - today I was browing a local supplier of horticultural products (http://www.growercentral.com/index.c...9226567#128300) and came across both Daconil and Copper Oxychloride, so I was looking for the info how they compare - since the latter was definitely more cost-effective... However, when I called the guys later today they told me that they do not sell chemicals to non-commercial users! Sounds like I am not getting Daconil after all (however a commercial grower can get it in Canada??? )

I haven't come across Mancozeb yet, but I'll keep looking... Thank you for the tip!

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote