View Single Post
Old January 15, 2008   #7
Tom Wagner
Crosstalk™ Forum Moderator

A local Farmers' Market grower who has tried several hundred of my varieties two years ago is interested again to try some o my creations. His interest? Cherry tomatoes of all colors with some Late Blight resistance and tolerance to some other pathogens.

I decided to focus on F-2 seed that would segregate for nearly all colors, green, white, red, pink, yellow, orange, striped, black........the whole spectrum.

The F-2 seedling plants will segregate for the Late Blight resistance 3:1. One of four susceptable, 2 of 4 resistant but will segregate further next year, and 1 of 4 having the homozygous resistance.

This grower wants me to start the organic seed in organic growing media right away, in order to transplant tomatoes to the greenhouse soil in March. His stipulation is that the fruits are small round cherries on indeterminate vines and early. No problem.

My hope is to get digital photos of most of the prototypes and show a few here or on my proposed website.

This fella likes to pick mixed colors and sell them as mixed colors. He does that with seed potatoes I provide him for the last two seasons.

Tom Wagner
Tom Wagner is offline   Reply With Quote