View Single Post
Old April 4, 2008   #21
Suze
Tomatovillian™

Bubba, good luck with the plants and let us know how it turns out so we can all learn from your experience. I know all too well that in our area you have a short window of time to get the plants to a critical mass and blooming/setting fruit before the heat kicks in.

Quote:
I honestly do not think it's a virus or any other pathogen because I use bio-innoculant products extensively.
While I don't disagree that some of the products you've listed can help make for stronger, healthier plants that can better resist what is thrown at them, they are not going to completely prevent the possibility of contamination from a virus.

So, I would not rule a virus out as a possibility.

Re Roundup -- what you had used several months ago would not have caused that damage. Also, what I am seeing does not look like does not look like it anyway. Glycophosphate damage is usually fairly easy to spot in that it tends to cause the lower part of the leaf next to the stem to be rather pale -- light yellow or almost white. Especially on newer growth. The leaves may or may not curl, but even if they do, it is usually not nearly to the extent shown in your pics.

However, drift/contamination from a number of other herbicides can sometimes cause that sort of leaf and stem curl as others have pointed out.
Suze is offline   Reply With Quote