View Single Post
Old October 25, 2015   #1
Zone9b
Tomatovillian™

Default Worst Ever Fall Bean Crop

I have grown Rattlesnake Pole, Fortex Cross Pole and Jade II Bush beans for a while now with what I thought was quite a bit of success. I garden in Central FL and grow a Spring Crop and Fall Crop. My Fall Crop this year is awful. I will include a picture of Rattlesnakes followed by Fortex Cross and last Jade II bush. I am harvesting about 1/4 of the beans that I did last Fall. I am not doing anything different and am at a bit of a loss for the huge change for the worse. I grow the Rattlesnakes in native sandy soil and the Fortex Cross and Jade II beans in Raised Beds filled with compost. The one thing that all have in common is the season was preceded by a long period of above average rainfall. We had the rainiest Spring right into early August that I can remember. I'm wondering if this could have washed something out of the soil and caused the problem. However, other vegetables Broccoli, Tomatoes, Kale and Peppers are preforming as usual. I would like very much to hear some suggestions. Thanks Larry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2883.JPG (289.7 KB, 305 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2884.JPG (294.6 KB, 307 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2885.JPG (285.1 KB, 307 views)

Last edited by Zone9b; October 25, 2015 at 02:46 PM.
Zone9b is offline   Reply With Quote