View Single Post
Old August 5, 2016   #8
My Foot Smells
Tomatovillian™

I have a relationship with the local bar, haha, who serves food. I give her tomatoes and get a free meal and drink a few pints of stella artois off the tap in exchange. However, that is in years of excess, which this year is not. Know a couple of ppl that do grow for high end resturants here, but pay is low, but perks are high. A thought. as most do like the distinction and flavor of the 'loom (the joint I deliver uses to slap a red slice on hamburger). There are some that take pre-season orders from vendors and grow to specs... occasionally I will go to the local pizza joint with my own tom and have them use for pizza margherita (YUMMY!!).

Do you only do cash sales or take credit. I never have any green on me, only plastic; then you got the CC use fee, tent fee, etc...

I deal with joey pub 50 hours a week, you could not pay me enough to deal on my day off. I would be willing to offer fruit, but I'm not going to be the tomato pusher/barker dealing with all the yoohoo's in this world. I'm at a place in my life, I'm not really interested in convincing anybody of nothing. Just minding my own...

good luck
My Foot Smells is offline   Reply With Quote