View Single Post
Old July 12, 2017   #396
Gerardo
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole_Robbie View Post
The sunflowers are proving more difficult to grow in summer. I should have put them in larger pots, because they dry out too quickly.

Another thing I am going to do is try to make my tables hold water. It occurred to me that I really don't need the drain. If I just flood them with about a half-inch or so of water, the plants use it up and the water disappears, letting the pots dry out, instead of staying soaked, which they need. I have been rotating all my plants in and out of bins of water by hand, which is a lot of work, but I think soaking is the only good way to water a container, especially in hot weather.
kiddie pools work great, relatively cheap too, the one in the pic was $5 .

If you place them at an angle and simply rotate it, you insure some of them dry out a bit while others are slightly wet, just in case some have more pronounced water needs, or are more susceptible to going anaerobic.

check it out, max vol is NC-1, and they handled a really bad heat wave in stride. At 9
o clock you can see Mohamed, and right next to it towards the middle is another cool Choc Cherry micro cross.

If you don't have those micros say the word and blah blah blah

IMG_20170710_085713.jpg
Gerardo is offline   Reply With Quote