View Single Post
Old December 4, 2019   #8
b54red
Tomatovillian™

When I have a plant showing those symptoms I mix a chelated iron powder in water with a dash of dish washing soap. I use one that is 7% iron so it only takes about a half a teaspoon to a quart hand sprayer. I then apply it to the tops and bottoms of the leaves especially the new leaves in a fine mist. I wait a day or two and then reapply and when the leaves darken I cease the treatment. If the yellowing is fairly bad it can take over a week to return the plants to a healthy color. If the new growth is just starting to yellow a bit once will usually do it.

I also apply a solution of vinegar and water from and ounce to a gallon to three ounces to a gallon of water and soak the soil. This can temporarily acidify the soil enough to release some nutrients that are bound due to high PH. I do this almost every year with my pepper plants to release more iron and phosphorous.

I also agree with adding a bit of Epsom salts. Even though my soil sample says I have more than plenty when I give each plant a spoonful of Epsom salts every month or so they produce larger peppers.

I quit overwintering peppers years ago due to it getting just cold enough that they have to come inside for a few months and the aphids just suck the life out of them.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote