View Single Post
Old January 1, 2018   #20
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

Default Pepper Indoors 2017

I started a few peppers in pots this year with the intention of bringing them indoors for a winter experiment, like many others have been showing off . The tall plant to the left is a peppadew started from seed. I let the fruit dry for seeds. no pests or disease. Need to upsize the pot. Hanging in there!

Peppers in the smaller pots were Chef Jeff hots purchased at end of season for a dime each. I gave them a spray with insecticidal soap and a good soak in vinegar. They did have leaf spots, likely bacterial when they were outside. Now they are monster looking craters but the peppers are not showing any disease. If it wasn't 20 degrees below zero they would go outside for a short blast of copper. Yes, that is a Cherry Bomb pepper flowering and the Tabasco is beautiful and full of tiny peppers. I've given them a tiny fert snack only once but they will get some half strength ferts very soon. They are in the sunroom with the heat at 60 degrees but it is warmer on a sunny day.

Most of the windowsill herbs were also sale plants and they aren't doing as well as my seed grown. There is a hibiscus in the mix too. I have my must grow lemon grass out of shot.

I'm having fun except for the big lesions on the purchased pepper plant leaves.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg indoor pepper 1 2017.JPG (107.2 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg indoor pepper2 2017.JPG (110.5 KB, 94 views)
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote