View Single Post
Old February 14, 2013   #14
RayR
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne C View Post
It can also be found in a few small local "hardware" (general merchandise) stores like KLems in Spencer for example. But you're right it isnt found in big stores, but it can sometimes be found "around".

Also RayR commented on liking the fish and seaweed better than the seaweed alone and I agree. The seaweed only supplies the "K" of NPK in any significant ratio so it isnt balanced and needs supplimenting while the fish and sea is 2-3-1 and works very well. I personally remix (add) additional seaweed (theirs or a great product maxicrop 1-0-4 kelp) to change the ratio to something I like better, but thats just a personal preference.
Did I say that????
Actually I like them all...Fish hydrolysate, fish emulsions, cold press seaweed, separate or blends. My favorite things to water in when potting up seedlings or transplanting.
NPK varies depending on the manufacturer. I have Saltwater Farms Seacom PGR (0-4-4), a very concentrated cold pressed Ascophyllum nodosum, the P comes from the phosphoric acid added as a stabilizer. A lot of them are like that, if a seedweed has P, that's usually where it comes from.
Also have Drammatic O (fresh water fish hydrolysate (2-5-1) and Drammatic K (2-5-1), fresh water fish hydrolysate blended with cold pressed seaweed (
Ascophyllum nodosum, Sargassum and Laminariales)
Also have General Organics BioMarine (2-3-1), Cold Processed Squid and BioMarine (.2-0-.3), a homogenized cold pressed Ascophyllum nodosum.
Also have Atlantis fish hydrolysate (2-4-0), that's Bonide brand that I don't think they sell anymore, but I believe they sourced it from Neptune's Harvest)
Oh ya! I have Biobizz Fish Mix (2-0-4) too, Protein hydrolysate, fish hydrolysate and sugar beet molasses.
Think I have enough right now? The stuff goes a long way.
RayR is offline   Reply With Quote