Thread: HPS Lights
View Single Post
Old July 11, 2016   #25
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Hi ..Once again thanks for your wonderful replies...Last night I cleaned the four HPS 250W housings ...I found only two with bulbs ...one bulb that looks alright and another that the E40 turns and white powder is escaping so I presume it has had it...I have already imported 4 New bulbs .....So these will be wired later today and put up ......I was doing some reading also last night and I wonder if I can get my "growroom" more light efficient..

I have 2 x 400W fittings which I understand are for Metal Halide bulbs and I have a lot of fittings/enclosures and the bulbs for 80W Mercury Vapour lights......The HPS at 2100K I know will help my tomatoes Ripen but I feel I might require some bright light IE round 6500K and am wondering if either the Metal Halide and Mercury vapour lights would be any good for this......

I also have a number of ordinary Flouro 5 foot tubes PLUS I have some LED five foot tubes and I have a 6 plus 1 E27 bulb fitting on its way from Newfrog?? so I could put up to 7 CFL bulbs in it .. I have tried to cover my bases for light but of course do not have the required knowledge on how best to employ these....I do understand the kelvin temperature I think?? My plants are now producing very small tomatoes So thats a relief.....Hopefully I am going to get a few years of enjoyment and all year round tomatoes for my effort....Yes it has cost money but at my age achievement is more important...Regards Ron
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote