View Single Post
Old April 24, 2016   #105
coronabarb
TomatovilleŽ Recipe Keeper

That exact scenario happened to me one early morning. Old Chevy van (with bench seats removed) all loaded up with gear and produce/products. Driving slowly around a right turn and there was a doe tangled in barbed wire fence top. I was only going about 30 and couldn't hit the brakes. I was thinking "don't do it, don't do it" but I KNEW if she got free, she was gonna turn and run across the road instead of jumping that fence. And she did. I had taken my foot off the gas and lightly braked but did hit her rear. Don't know what happened to her as she continued running and I didn't see her later. But it really bothered me all day. :'( And my poor van's grill, being so old just crumbled.

Btw, our market does not allow vendors to leave early. Part of that is we can't park next to our booth space (we unload and park elsewhere) and they don't want empty spaces. Even if you sell out, you have to stay. Also, it isn't safe to have vehicles driving in the sales areas. And your plants look fabulous...so much better than the sad overgrown tomatoes being sold here that have been in a greenhouse, not hardened off and still too early to plant anyway.