View Single Post
Old September 12, 2009   #48
korney19
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
Mark, when I answered you initially I was going from memory, without my data book, and remember for several years I had three different places where I grew tomatoes.

I can take a look at the 2004 season again and see if there were any plum varieties being grown in the SAME garden where KB was being grown if that's what you'd like me to do.

I will say that from a genetic point of view I don't see how this info is going to be of much use, actually, and if it were me I think I'd just concentrate on genetically stabilizing what you have that you like.
YES, please do that! Even if you just e-mail me a descriptive list if there are varieties I don't know.

From a genetic point of view, it would be easier to predict, anticipate, or decide which segregates to follow or pursue if I knew what both parents were!

Every year I think of cutting back here because of everything going on, but I "get stuck" growing at least 60 plants and they are getting into the ground later & later every year. Not to mention I don't have the room to be growing 12 or 16 of each cross or segregation to find recessives or silver bullets! I actually have more KBHeart cross plants than all my other projects combined.

Oh, and Korney's Cross flipflopped from brown to green!!! I'd really like to see a pic of what Darrel sent to Glenn!