View Single Post
Old February 26, 2011   #12
Crispy Corners Guy
Tomatovillian™

Well, I thought it was about time to check and see what was going on, and apparently I am a week late already this year!

I hope everyone had a great harvest last year and has plans underway for exceeding it this year. I sure hope we have better weather than last year!

I would prefer the Saturday dates, but I can make Sunday work too if that's what the majority would like.

I saved seed from two varieties sold as heirlooms from the early 1900's that I found at a garden center in Waynesville last year that I couldn't find any source that listed seed from either variety. I don't know a lot of the seed sources though, but has anyone ever heard of "Ben's Ivory Pear" (creamy white pear shaped and easily well over 1000 from just one plant) or "Flying Jenny" (orange cherry with truss-like clusters of tomatoes on a wispy plant)? Both of them did so well for me last year in spite of the bad weather conditions.

Can't wait to watch and learn from the posts here and try my hand at raising plants from seed this year. Wish me luck!

Tim