Thread: CalMag
View Single Post
Old July 13, 2018   #24
AKmark
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomzhawaii View Post
So far it's also been a struggle for me too. A real learning part has been that more is not better. Using liquid nutrients in containers is a tough call. Not only does the salt buildup create nutirent lockout , but without drainage and flushing the ppm levels continue to go up also creating extremely low ph. I have 3 different tomato sets. 1 is a potted style 2 is a diy earthbox style 3 is recirculating hydro style. Each have grown in differently. I like hydro setup, but the earthbox with a drainspout is certainly the easier of all. PH and ppm no matter which style is crucial to happy plants.
Aloha
It is super easy, they(the professionals) could not make it any easier for us to be successful. What I see so much is people trying these home recipes that they see on internet forums, etc.

I only look at University studies and professionals who sell and USE a product. I also like support that good companies provide.

What we have is an information overload. everybody has something to sell, and it is the best. How do they know that?

My own failures are my own fault. I got behind a bit on pruning, my fruit production had a hiccup, I let a GH get to dry one day, I picked off about 40 BER today, I never get BER. (MY FAULT) I did not prune up some trusses, had a few more small fruits than I like. Had some Mg deficiency, did not follow my notes. Grew some heirlooms that perform poorly for markets, they still perform poorly, etc, etc. Anyway, all of these items are mentioned in the HG tomato growers guide.

You guys hang in there.

Read these guys info, it will change everything. I grow outside too, plants are looking great, peppers, zucchini, tomatoes all get the same mix, strawberries same at half strength.

For a simple mix try Flora Nova grow with every watering, and add 3-5 ml of cal-mag added (every time) you water.
AKmark is offline   Reply With Quote