View Single Post
Old May 25, 2017   #11
VC Scott
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by backyardbrix View Post
I am about 2 blocks from the ocean in Point Loma, so technically i have water on three sides of me on the end of this peninsula. I grow black krims through the end of december with little mold or mildew problems. My secret? well its not a secret... Bacillus Amyloliquifaciens. Particular strains of this bacteria when applied foliarly or to the root zone trigger the plants defense systems through SA resistance, and via microbial antagonism. Basically its a game changer for any crops suseptible to foliar disease in high humidity conditions. Im not sure what the rules here are for linking to outside sources but there is a phenominal article published in "Frontiers in Microbiology" i can send you on the subject if youre interested.
Backyardbrix:

I googled "Bacillus Amyloliquifaciens" and many articles and some ads for products containing Bacillus Amyloliquifaciens. It is quite inexpensive. I think a lot of folks here would welcome anything that helps avoid gray mold.

TV allows you to link to articles. I found many articles on the bacillus in Frontiers of Microbiology. Can you provide a link or the title of the article you refer to?

Last edited by VC Scott; May 25, 2017 at 07:25 PM.
VC Scott is offline   Reply With Quote