View Single Post
Old May 30, 2019   #28
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenthumbomaha View Post
I use cabbage for creamy slaw and started fermenting sauerkraut last year. The 8 heads cabbage that I started from seed (assorted varieties) were shredded by hail this past weekend. It was about 18 inches wide, huge leaves, but had not headed. It was in full sun, but endured some wide temperature fluctuations. Maybe it would have headed given more time. I had nice heads last year in an area receiving morning sun only.

Any opinions on Bonnie Hybrid Cabbage (DTM 75) ? I bought a 6 pack today, to fill in until I get another seed batch started. I have space in the shady area where I grew cabbage last year, or in full sun where squash was previously grown. Starting to feel like summer with temps in the 80's coming. I'm not familiar with this cabbage variety so I hope someone can guide me as to the better site considering the high temps at this time of year.

- Lisa

No experience with this particular cabbage? I haven't planted it yet, and I'm a bit concerned about the warm temps when it matures in mid - August. Bitter/goes to seed/ refuses to head? Just curious, not much info on the net short of what our friends at Bonnie proudly describe.

- Lisa
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote