View Single Post
Old November 7, 2017   #75
kurt
Tomatovillian™

Default Comment on lawyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaeagle View Post
If you are apologizing to me there is no need or reason to. The Lawyers are absolutely in it for the money.

Look at the the case of the Monsanto's disaster in Anniston Alabama. In the class action lawsuit the lawyers took a settlement. The 27 lawyers got 4.4 million apiece and the plaintiffs got an average of 7 thousand per person, the ones that were still alive. Obviously the plaintiffs were not very happy, even to the point of making death threats.

My earlier post is still true

They are suing Monsanto because they allege their clients got cancer from Roundup. Monsanto makes Roundup. The fact that they have deep pockets actually makes it more difficult to win a case like this.

You don't really win in a settlement because if Monsanto settles they are not admitting guilt. The lawyers absolutely win, the plaintiffs not so much.

But it really isn't worth discussing because it is taking this thread off topic and that is partly my fault.

Interjection of humor at this time.
My brother in law,on the non blood side(blessing?or...).
Gave me this advice:
Never ask a lawyer if you can ask him a couple of questions,he will say yes,what’s the next question and will charge you for both.
Lawyers are why we need lawyers.
True,most cases are settled in the elevator,sidebar,chambers,divorcee/divorces hotel rooms.
Count your fingers after shaking your counselors( a lawyers...lawyer) hand,foot whatever comes first.
Why do they say just like the doctors” come on over to my practice”haven’t they went to enough schools already,why practice on me.
For capital offenses you will have to hire a 4.0 graduate.
Ticket clinic,public defenders,the cool drug lawyers(pony tailed burnouts)require only 2.0 credentials.
Thought I would throw that in,makes sense to me.