View Single Post
Old February 14, 2017   #227
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Patti...I have just had a friend looking at my plants and he thinks he can sell a number of them,,I put $5 on them to cover the pot and earth cost and he says they are a bargain....I note how the stems of the DEc 6th propagated plants have really thickened up and i am thinking that this surely must be due to the change of soil??? I transplanted them into...Last nights sole leftover in the propagator .....I put in a pottle and used the Super Soil (minus the big pieces of wood etc) to plant them in not Yates premium Potting Mix ...so Its going to be interesting how it goes ...I suspect that this plantling may be quite different to anything else I have grown....Its 7pm and I am finished for the day..I need the sun to give them a boost tomorrow....
Have you ever grown a Juanne Flamme .....Mine are like Sweet 100's ??? maybe they are Sweet 100's ....and my Stupice are not good....They are the only variety from last years seeds that I have retryed and I had failures propagating and now that I have successfully propagated 3 of them I would swear they are already diseased....I am still sure the seeds sold to me in 2015 are no good...I will keep inspecting them as they grow....
I have changed...I have no problem picking off lower branches that show any sign of disease ...They have to be removed...I am planning to remove the bottom leaves on my young ones when I transplant them and plant them deep with a higher soil level in the pot...plus my super TT Laterals ?? well the roots they have on them is amazing ...Whether this will give them a start when potted in soil I do not know but with Myco applied it will be very interesting watching them grow..Regards Ron-
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote