View Single Post
Old February 14, 2017   #229
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Patti..Just been out for the morning checkup and see no problems...Even my self watering WM drum appears to be working ...although only 1/4 full of soil I can feel dampness round the wicks so I think it is drawing up water from the tray... actually 4 wicks may be too many ....now to decide what to plant in it for a real test but surely it has to be a Tasty Tom??

Re the Juane Flammee...Yes I know its orange ...what I was referring too was the rambling nature of the stems to me was very similar to the Sweet 100 plus both have got Powdery Mildew which I should be able to keep under control...I am wondering if these types of plants need special pruning as stems appear from everywhere........Re Stupice ..what I have read it should be ideal for our climate ...
Its a reasonable day so far so I hope to exchange the glass doors on the roof.... then I can see about fitting a sliding door across my entrance...

No sign of my Myco yet ...do not know if its been dispatched?? I do not like holding back on the transplanting of my plantlings as they will surely get rootball if they are not done soon and I was hoping to be able to apply Myco during Transplanting...I have some important plants in the last 25.....

I must also find my "Kiev" seeds and grow 2 or 3 after a bleach wash ....and see what they produce ...I really liked the sweet current sized fruit they produced last season which of course told me they were not Kiev plants...Last season was a complete disaster and I wonder if I should retry about 3 or 4 varieties and see what happens...Box Car Willie ,Admiral Lincoln,Arcansas Traveller were three but the fruit were taseless ..however as I understand this could have been due to the problems in the greenhouse and not the variety itself...Anything I do try .....the seeds will be washed in a weak bleach solution...

I feel its best to find these things out now ...not next season....It would be a beautiful day if it was not for the wind which still persists.....
Regards Ron
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote