View Single Post
Old March 16, 2006   #1
michael johnson
Tomatovillian™

Default Have I got something different - or not?

I was wondering if I had an unusual variety of tomato seed- or not, I first purchased them from Terre de Semences about nine or ten years ago, and decided to successfully germinate some to replenish my stock- which I did.

They are called ( Victory ) from siberia ,but on checking with victory seeds tomato lists they are definatly not the same Victory tomatoes that they offer, and come from a totaly different place to theirs.

My seeds come from and originated in the Island of Sakhaline - presumably in siberia or russia, and take 72 days, red orange fruit of 180 to 240 g each. and have a slight citrusy lemon flavour to them,

I remember when I last ate them several years ago how nice they were at the time so I thought I would grow a few again to see.

At the sime time I also successfully germinated some of my own saved seeds for the tomato (Simpsons Summer Palace ) also nine or ten years old, to replenish my seed stocks with.

If anyone happens to want any of the above saved seed to try ( at the end of this season ) I shall be only be too pleased to let them have some.

But in the main- I would like to know if anyone knows if my Victory seed realy is a different type to Victory seeds one. (just edited it to read (victory tomatoes from Siberia ).
michael johnson is offline   Reply With Quote