View Single Post
Old June 22, 2006   #10
Miss_Mudcat
Tomatovillian™

Hi Earl! Hi Everybody!

I planted over 150, including 37 varieties. I planted a few early in WOWs: Anna Russian (which are loaded with green tomatoes), American Beauty (which each have at least one very large tomato) and Kimberly (which have been producing pretty steady for at least 5 weeks - I've been including them in our CSA customer's box for that long, and I was eating a few each week before then.)

Anyhow, my most vigorous grower, healthy looking foliage of those planted out at the usual time, is Polish... WOW, it's a beauty of a plant.

I have fruit on at least half of my plants, and I ought to be getting ripe Mexico Midgets and 4th of July very soon.

Oh, the plants I got from CHOPTAGers are doing fine... I lost one - Black Plum.

AND, I grew Lime Green Salad to sell seedlings at market, but I didn't plant any here cause I just don't get into the "green when ripe" thing, that is UNTIL I tasted one! I had 2 that I had potted up to 1/2 gallon pots and they were being greatly neglected, but when I got a ripe one, sliced and ate it.... OH MY GOSH! I immediately planted those 2 and started searching through our market plants, and only found 3, which I planted RIGHT AWAY! Wowsa... I LOVE those! (Of course, this is coming from a pregnant gal.... many things taste ESPECIALLY good to me right now.)

Hope everyone is having a GREAT SUMMER!

Lisa