View Single Post
Old August 16, 2010   #10
VGary
Tomatoville Honoree

Default Will miss seeing all of You!

Dear fellow CHOPTAG Gardeners, I was hoping I would be able to make it to the Tomato Tasting but will be unable to this year. I always look forward to seeing each of you and hearing about family and talking "tomatoes" with such good folks. Friend Larry was planning on driving me but plans seemed to be coming together this past week to get this procedure behind me. I will keep you posted via our Tomatoville Thread.

I was disappointed with my tomatoes this season. The heat resulted in blossom drop on many of my plants so production was down. In addition I had early blight which didn't help matters. The extreme heat has been difficult for me with my congestive heart failure; the heat just sucks the life out of me. I am preparing for a Bilateral Hernias Procedure. I was hurting with terrible pain in the stomach when I coughed; took care of the cough and Doctor ordered a Cat Scan and discovered the hernias. I saw my surgeon and he suggested I see my Cardiologist because I am on War Farin, a blood thinner. I saw him last Monday and they scheduled a Stress Test and a Heart Echo Gram for this Wednesday. Then I have to be off of my blood thinner for four/five days before surgery can take place. It has been difficult getting in to see the doctors which has caused the delay. I was concerned about the bleeding and my cardiologist indicated a 3% to 5% risk factor and assured me he would do everything to make it as safe as possible for me.

I look forward to seeing lots of pictures and any special new varieties you all have grown this season. The passion of growing tomatoes can only be understood by those in the brother/sister-hood like CHOPTAG!
Have a great Fall and Winter! Looking forward to a Spring Plant Exchange and sharing time with each of you!
Gary