View Single Post
Old August 27, 2016   #21
frogsleap farm
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion_power View Post
LA0417 shows good tolerance to septoria. The F1 was distinctly susceptible. Segregation in the F2 gave 1 plant in 8 with good to very good septoria tolerance. I am seeing about 1 plant in 3 or 4 that has excellent tolerance in the F3 plants.

Keep selecting. Post a pic of that outstanding plant if you have time. I'd also love to hear from Frogleap.
Fusion - My plants from this cross were at a remote nursery (near La Crosse, WI), so I only saw plants a couple times during the season. I took final notes/selections yesterday. A record wet August help foster incredible Septoria and EB disease pressure on the nursery. At least half of the ~150 plants (10 different lines) were completely defoliated. Your line was definitely better than average in disease tolerance - but there wasn't a standout plant. The best plants in this line were comparable to the best in several of the other lines in the nursery. There was one stand-out plant in another line, by far best in nursery - tracing to a cross I made to another S. pimpinellifolium line you sent me a couple years ago (dark pigment phenotype).
frogsleap farm is offline   Reply With Quote