View Single Post
Old August 30, 2018   #184
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
First time I've seen it and you promised me you'd save lots of seeds for ones I told you I'd send.

With that little point at the end it reminds me very much of Riesentraube fruits which have the same kind of pointed bottom.

I have to wonder if there's any connection at all between the two despite having different names.

Bombeta is supposed to be from Spain, and Riesentraube was know to be found in several countries in Europe. And what the Spanish brought back from South America ended up in Portugal/Spain,which were one country at the time.

And yes,it took several centuries of accidental cross pollinations and mutations before we ended up with the wonderful, at least to me,HUGE diversity of varieties we now have, from especially Spain.

Carolyn
As I wrote somewhere, I put a bag on one inflorescence. Meanwhile, these fruits are green, but I hope theySo far, these fruits are green, but I hope they get red. I would not like to send seeds from unprotected flowers. But I also take the seeds from those fruits on the bowl for sure .
Vladimír

Last edited by MrBig46; August 30, 2018 at 08:16 AM.
MrBig46 is offline   Reply With Quote