View Single Post
Old August 10, 2018   #42
ddsack
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
I never ate a peach pie (recipe?) And did not make a peach jam. I'll make the jam. Thank you for inspiration, I would not know what to do with those peaches.
Vladimír
Vladimír, peach pie is simple to make, there are many recipes on the internet with variants to fancy it up if you wish. Some replace part of the white sugar with brown sugar or add other spices besides cinnamon.
You can use any preferred pastry recipe for a 9 inch two crust pie, which is basically just flour, salt, water and either butter or lard.

The very simplest peach filling would be about:
5 cups of sliced peaches,
1 cup of sugar
1/3 to ˝ cup of flour
˝ tsp cinnamon
dash of salt, if you wish
2 Tbsp butter

Stir together the dry ingredients of sugar, flour, cinnamon, then mix it in with the sliced peaches. Place peach mixture into your pan which has been lined with the bottom pastry crust. Dot the butter over the peach filling, then cover with the top pastry crust. Cut slits in the top and seal the edges. You can sprinkle the top crust with 2 Tbsp of sugar, if you wish. Cover the edges of the pastry with aluminum foil to prevent browning too quickly. Remove foil for last 15 minutes of baking. Bake 35-45 minutes at a pre-heated 425 F (220 C) oven or until juice begins to bubble through the slits in the crust.

(Not my pictures, all from various internet sources)

or you can make individual smalll pies!

Hope you get a chance to try some!

ddsack is offline   Reply With Quote