Thread: Alfalfa pellets
View Single Post
Old June 8, 2018   #15
cjp1953
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by clkeiper View Post
Worth is correct... get a soil thermometer. they are actually relatively inexpensive you just need to get one for the garden. it has a metal shield to protect the glass from hitting rocks or just hard dirt and breaking.
Kevin wanted to plant corn a while ago thinking maybe the soil was warm enough behind the one greenhouse... I told him it was still too cold without even going and looking. he wanted to plant corn but I told him not to do it... "it was too cold still!" so he went and got the trusty thermometer and checked... it was 36°... he waited. he didn't believe me and I couldn't make him take my word for it.
Thank you clkeiper,I need to go to Walmart for some soil.I plan on planting some cucumbers in a 6 gal bucket and need some more potting soil.Never tried this before.Ran out of room in my small garden.Still waiting to hear about my car.Need it Monday for work. I put some straw down that I had around my tomato plants today since I was off.Am bagging my grass clipping and will spread them when they turn brown around the garden.

Last edited by cjp1953; June 8, 2018 at 02:01 PM.
cjp1953 is offline   Reply With Quote