View Single Post
Old August 2, 2017   #20
JRinPA
Tomatovillian™

I have grown ML a few times and last year they were a great tomato. Pink tomatoes that looked about like a brandywine, but set fruit more reliably. Somehow, though, I could not find the seeds I saved from them when I needed them in April. Instead I used from my original source again, a ziplok of seed from a SASE seed shelf cleanout offer that was marked 2011 Baker Creek.

This time, from that same bag, they came out different, x2. One plant is throwing fruits that look ribbed like the above. They don't blush over evenly and the shoulders stay yellow with cracking. The next two plants are throwing what looked like last year's MLs, but miniature versions of them. I just tried a kitchen table pic of them and it is rubbish, so I'll have to take a pic of them on the vine. I was pretty disappointed. The ribbed one taste okay but has big cracks at the top to harbor mold. The little ones were mushy and first tomatoes in that row to blush. They are better tasting now, but still so small it is laughable.

Last week, while clearing off the vegetable rack, we found a paper towel with seeds saved from a 7/16 ML; I will try that next year.
JRinPA is offline   Reply With Quote