View Single Post
Old March 18, 2006   #1
ZBQ
Tomatovillian™

Default Hi all! Just joined.

Hi all!
I just planted my first tomatoes last year and I really want to expand this year. They did really well where I had them planted but it is such a small area I can only get 3 plants in there. I want to make another bed but my problem is deer. They are thick around here. I have a picture of two of them laying in the shade 6 feet from our pool out back!! I would have thought the chlorine smell would have kept them away. Guess I thought wrong.

The area I planted them in last year is right up next to the house behind the stairs to the deck. That is the only area that is actually "sheltered" where the deer didn't get to them. But who knows they might go in there this year.

I am sure this has been discussed ad nauseum but I did a search and could not find anything.

Do you guys know of any tricks to keep deer out of your tomatoes? I also am going to be planting some basil. Since I made pesto for the wife last year she can't get enough.

Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated.
Neil
ZBQ is offline   Reply With Quote