Thread: Fusarium Wilt
View Single Post
Old June 3, 2017   #39
Rockporter
Tomatovillian™

I too have earth boxes, but I had to stop using them as self watering containers because my arthritis just can't handle it. The removing all the mix and loading it back in, laying the ferts. Setting them into place. I can't work on the ground, I can't bend to the ground so it was just too difficult to do the job of reloading them. Plus I required my husband to do all the heavy lifting because I can't do it.

Now I use them like regular planters and if there is too much water it just drains out where the overflow hole is. I've been growing onions in them and I have my cantaloupes in them growing very well right now. For what it is worth, the fact they are holding up so well to the Texas sun they are well worth getting in the long run.

As far as containers getting too hot out there I was thinking of using some Flex Seal spray on the outside of the containers in white to help reflect the sun. I should have done that with the new containers I bought at TS recently. It would have been much easier when they were new and empty.

http://www.asseenontvandbeyond.com/F...-TV_p_212.html

Sorry about your plants Salt.

~Margaret Atwood~

Last edited by Rockporter; June 3, 2017 at 09:12 PM.
Rockporter is offline   Reply With Quote