View Single Post
Old October 25, 2017   #57
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

[QUOTE=="http://s.igmhb.com/click?v=Tlo6MTM3OTA2OjE5Njc2OmVtcGxveWVlOjExODAzZm JmOTRkND
My primary objection to peat pots is that they pretend that you can transplant the whole thing and the pot just "goes away". It don't. I've pulled many plants potted that way and the root mass is essentially the same as when they went into their new homes - inside the peat pot and not outside it.

Now don't ask me what I think of the opinions of garden center I just might have to tell you.

Do you have a pet, Ron?[/QUOTE]

Hell..You have saved me ..I asked that question at the Garden centre and i was led to believe they disintigrate,,,If they do not I have a problem and have to review everything ...I repotted 4 last night but they are expendable although I will try to get rid of the Peat tonight BUT I cannot take the risk of all my seedlings having the root mass restricted inside the peat pot.....so have you got an answer ??? Perhaps cut the bottom of the peat pot off while it is supported within the foam cup then somehow take it out of the foam cup and some how get rid of the outside of the peat cup.....or perhaps hold the foam cup around it for support and make one or two vertical cuts through the foam and peat cup and hope that they fall off and everything else holds together ....I am a great one for checking root mass at the end of the season and I am sure this answers a lot of questions ..I found the poor plants were still in a ball the shape of the pot pre transplant and they were the ones that produced nothing...I know liitle about growing tomatoes but I do believe its crucial that one gets the root structure right...
So Now I have to figure out another problem....Never Mind ..any advise as usual would be welcome...

Yes I have a 9K plus Ginger Male Cat asleep right behind me ...it adopted me after living in the next door house where it was basicly uncared for...After a rocky beginning it is now the most beautiful and loving of cats...It took a long time to gain his confidence and he now surely realises that he will be loved and looked after til he dies ....even if I go first...

Being smart??? I got some 120mm Computer fans sent over from China with 33 LED's on each ..I thought that would give my chamber air flow and extra spectrum of light....BUT now Worth1 tells me the fans should be going 24/7 so now I have to try and figure out how to switch the LED's off and keep the fans going....??? REgards Ron
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Marley.jpg (55.4 KB, 27 views)
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote