View Single Post
Old December 12, 2011   #10
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInOhio View Post
Hi,

We carry 25 varieties of heirloom, open-pollinated tomato varieties along with over 100 varieties of peppers, lettuce, herbs, carrots, etc:

http://www.ohioheirloomseeds.com/

If you have any questions feel free to email me directly.

Mike
michael@ohioheirloomseeds.com
Welcome Mike. I thought maybe I missed you introducing yourself in the Town Hall Forum, but nope, not there, so now's the time to say Hi!

THe link to your website must be getting hot for the Siberian Pink Honey variety b'c of folks here talking about it with references to you, and all else in the thread that was started about it.

Some have questioned about the source being from Siberia but Andrey, in the new thread about growing large fruited varieties just confirmed it is from Siberia. If you read the general Google link I put up I think it's very possible that it isn't an heirloom, probably a "selection" of something as was mentioned.

Who cares, really, it it's a great tasting variety.

I haven't bought any tomato seeds in over 20 years so I'll just wait until someone saves some seed and then dicker with them , that's if you give me that one I can offer this one in return.

You'll find that in general I don't trade seeds except if someone sends me a variety previously undistributed, and each year I do a large seed offer, and that's coming up in a few weeks. If you look in the TRADE subforum of the Seed Exchange you'll find my offer for last year and the way I go about it.

Being chained to a walker after a fall in Dec of 2004 and severing all four quads in my right leg I can't do what I use to do in terms of hundreds of plants and varieties each season. So now Craig in NC raises my plants and sends them up and Shoe and Lee in NC and Neil in IL help with seed production.

And I try to grow only varieties that will be new to almost everyone, so my job is finding those seeds.

Again welcome, great to have you here.