View Single Post
Old June 9, 2017   #51
bower
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmforcier View Post
Okay, call it a sense of green. The turgor isn't what I would expect of a perky, happy plant. You say it yourself, "it's probably still settling in". No sign of nutrient problem, but not quite "shoosting up into the sky", either.
Yeah, it wasn't really a fair test because there was something wrong with that plant to begin with. It just wasn't growing and didn't have much root on it either when I put it in the puckey. Another week later it's still about the same size but has opened flowers on it now. I think the problem was the plant rather than the manure, at least it is staying healthy.

I am very close to the end of my proper container fixins and greenhouse spaces are full, so now contemplating how to do some puckey pots... whether to squeak them into the greenhouse space for a few days of adjustment, or just boldly plant them outside. I guess the biggest question, do I have anything suitable left to mix with the puckey. Or top it with. I like that 'heat from the bottom' idea .... I need more peat but I don't want to haul it..
bower is offline   Reply With Quote