Thread: Garlic 2019
View Single Post
Old July 21, 2019   #72
JRinPA
Tomatovillian™

Last year was the first true corral of this garlic, but I kept no scapes. This year I kept about 10% in the main patch and one at the comm garden, but the bulbils are big and few, 6-12 each. But I still have some walking and those bulbils are their typical small bulbils. I figure 30-50 in each?

I just went around the house (I hugged the wall shade for safety lol) and took pics of that patch planted from bulbils 3 yrs back. They are like their usual small size. I broke those last 3 off and counted 99 bulbils between them. Same garlic, just different conditions, and I would imagine those bulbs are fairly small. Lots of weed competition and only afternoon sun, and right in the dirt. Previous to this last couple years, it would be another couple weeks (tomato sauce time) until we dug any up and used it for sauce. It would be in denser patches than that pictured, and halfway falling over. Taste wonderful compared to store garlic though, that was, and is, the important part!

These bulbils smell great...I may have roast them. A little oil and lay a pan on the truck dashboard?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 02.JPG (301.5 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg 01.JPG (169.7 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg 03.JPG (182.7 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg 04.JPG (218.7 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg 05.JPG (203.2 KB, 91 views)

Last edited by JRinPA; July 21, 2019 at 03:49 PM.
JRinPA is offline   Reply With Quote